[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Gentoo ebuild 20070215

Mike Rylander mrylander at gmail.com
Fri Feb 23 11:07:02 EST 2007

On 2/23/07, Dan Scott <denials at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 22/02/07, Don McMorris <don.mcmorris at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I love my weird configurations ;)
>
> I don't think there is any such thing as a normal configuration :)

Not on Gentoo, no... but that's kinda the point, right? ;)

> > I would really love it if somebody made a VMWare image that could be
> > downloaded ;)  I'm sure that, if somebody did want to build VM Images,
> > LiveCD's, or something along those lines, PINES would at least
> > consider a BitTorrent tracker to share them and possibly OpenBiblio
> > providing space to download from.
>
> Creating a VMWare image is exactly what I've been working on (and off)
> since November. I restarted my effort three days ago now, and am
> confident that I'll have it ready by the end of the code4lib
> conference next week.

I wonder, with the current speed of releases, how much work this will
end up being for you (or anyone) to maintain? ... Of course, if some
resources were directed at a streamlined installer and upgrader (FIT,
anyone) then it would be easier/better/less-filling/tastes-great
(winkwinknudgenudge).

Eh? EH?!?

(Yes, I would really like someone to step in and help us design FIT
...  Let's sketch a real plan for this thing!)

mrylander at gmail.com
GPLS -- PINES Development
Database Developer
http://open-ils.org