[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Gentoo/portage tree for evergreen

Jason Etheridge phasefx at gmail.com
Mon Jan 8 10:32:32 EST 2007

> Yes, it helped! At linux it means at the moment, that you need to start
> staff_client as root

Oy, yeah, let's do that differently. :D  You should be able to copy
the staff client build directory to the home directory for a normal
user and invoke xulrunner on the application.ini file there.

You can even build it on another machine entirely as another user
(running make in ILS/Open-ILS/xul/staff_client/).  The build ID just
needs to match what you have on the server.

For example, as a normal user:
cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs at open-ils.org:/cvs login
cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs at open-ils.org:/cvs co -r rel_1_0 ILS
cd ILS/Open-ILS/xul/staff_client/
make STAFF_CLIENT_BUILD_ID=20070108.104612
cd build/
xulrunner application.ini

> Unfortunately, this is not the end of my problems ;)

:D

> method=open-ils.circ.circ_modifier.retrieve.all

Hrmm, the code might expect some data to be defined some place.  In
this case, a list of circ modifiers.  Is there anything in the
<circ_modifiers> element in your openils.xml file?

I'll try summoning our resident cylon.  Bill?

--
Jason Etheridge
GPLS -- PINES Development