[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Gentoo/portage tree for evergreen

Zbigniew Bomert OP zbomert at dominikanie.pl
Mon Jan 8 10:10:53 EST 2007

Jason Etheridge napisał(a):
> This email might show up twice; I apologize.
>
> On 1/8/07, Zbigniew Bomert OP <zbomert at dominikanie.pl> wrote:
>>         "message":"Component returned failure code: 0x80004005
>> (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)
>>         [
>>                 nsIFile.create
>>         ]
>
> What this looks like to me is a OS-level permission issue.  Rather
> than write to the user's Mozilla profile directory (which is the more
> correct thing to do; I'm just loathe to change it right now), the
> staff client needs write access to its own chrome directory.
>
> Where this ends up differs from system to system, but the directory
> structure will look something like this:
> chrome/open_ils_staff_client/content/conf/
>
> Workstation registration will create a file in that directory called
> ws_info
>
> Let me know if that helps!
>
> --
> Jason Etheridge
> GPLS -- PINES Development
> http://open-ils.org/

Yes, it helped! At linux it means at the moment, that you need to start
staff_client as root. The ws_info file is created in
/usr/lib/xulrunner/chrome... Unfortunately, this is not the end of my
problems ;) Now workstation is registered; staff client remember server
name and workstation, but trying logging in now gives:

Network/server failure.  Please check your Internet connection to
biblioteka and choose Retry Network.  If you need to enter Offline Mode,
choose Ignore Errors in this and subsequent dialogs.  If you believe
this error is due to a bug in Evergreen and not network problems, please
contact your helpdesk or friendly Evergreen admins, and give them this
information:
method=open-ils.circ.circ_modifier.retrieve.all
params=[]
THROWN:
null
STATUS:

The gateway.log registers processing this metod. I am using chopchop,
maybe it is relevant...

I have one more error mesage. At the start of server using osrf_ctl
start_all, after
"Running application open-ils.reporter-store" comes:
Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at
[...]/OpenSRF/System.pm line 385.

Zbigniew