[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Re: Fwd: Module update for MARC::Record

Mike Rylander mrylander at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 15:08:01 EST 2007

On 1/18/07, Cory Snavely <csnavely at umich.edu> wrote:
> As an administrator who doesn't use the module but is waiting for it to
> be packaged on CPAN to more easily provide updates to users, I have to
> say this is all great.
>
> I see no strong reason to bump the version to 2.0.0, but I have no
> objection either, especially if that feels appropriate to those who know
> the code and features.

I can certainly be convinced otherwise, but I'd like to see the new
stuff more widely tested before it gets a stable looking version
number.  If most users (within the sound of my voice) are actually the
CVS version and not having problems with it, then I think it's safe to
avoid the x.0.0 bump.

Anyone out there using the current CVS, please respond (either way)!

> I would definitely object to a rename (i.e., Marc::Record2)--that would
> just cause breakage, from my perspective.

Of course!  That was my objection too, and why I accepted the offer
(push, edsu?) for maintainership.  Most important to me is getting it
out there un-borked.

mrylander at gmail.com
GPLS -- PINES Development
Database Developer