[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Re: Module update for MARC::Record

Joshua M. Ferraro jmf at liblime.com
Thu Jan 18 15:08:42 EST 2007

----- Mike Rylander <mrylander at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think, because of the number and size of the changes involved, it
> would be good to stamp the next version of MARC::Record as 2.0.0.
> There's a good bit of stuff that hasn't been very widely tested,
> though I know Evergreen and Koha use it on a daily basis, and a x.0.0
> version number implies newness.
>
> It doesn't seem too off the mark (heh...) anyway, since the name
> MARC::Record2 (and variants) has been bandied about quietly in the
> past.
>
> Thoughts/comments/sharp-sticks-in-the-eye?
I completely agree. Even though M::R is working well in production
environments there are definitely some kinks to work out. Implying
newness is probably a good thing until we have time to properly
identify and fix those kinks as well as do more testing, etc.

Kudos to you Mike for taking this on.

Cheers,