[OPEN-ILS-DEV] dokuwiki change emails, not receiving

Don McMorris don.mcmorris at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 17:28:28 EDT 2007

On 7/2/07, Mike Rylander <mrylander at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6/29/07, Mike Rylander <mrylander at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 6/29/07, Josh Stompro <stomproj at larl.org> wrote:
> > > I unsubscribed and subscribed again, made a change and saw no email.
> > >
> > > I changed my email address, unsubscribed, and subscribed again, made a
> > > change and saw no email.
> > >
> > > The mail server these should be going through does no blocking
> > > whatsoever, so even if the machine that is sending these emails doesn't
> > > have a valid reverse DNS, or something else weird, it should still be
> > > accepted.
> > >
> > > If PINES tech could give me some logs or something that would point out
> > > that it is a problem on my end, that would be great.
> > >
> > > I made a change to
> > > http://open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=installing_prerequisites_on_debian
> > > on 2007/06/29 11:15 and on 2007/06/28 11:26 that I should have been
> > > notified about.
> >
> > Thanks, Josh.  We'll send this along to IT ... please bear with us.
>
> Hrmm... IT took a look at the logs, and they see the emails getting to
> your server.  I'm really not sure where to go from here ... any
> suggestions, anyone?
>
> --miker
Just curious... Are the logs showing them going to Josh's final
server, or only to an intermediate relay?

If they are getting to the final server, my hunch would be some
kind-of SPAM filtering mechanism getting in the way... My hunch at the
moment, however, is that the messages are probably being delivered
from PINES to an intermediary relay, and this relay is causing an
issue for some reason...

Good luck.