[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Data load challenges

Don Hamilton dhamilton at wlu.ca
Thu Jul 5 09:30:38 EDT 2007

Hi again.

I'm back trying to load a number of marc files. (in this case, as a
test I want to produce an open-ils searchable database of our ebooks,
which are otherwise not online at this point in time.)

I reset the database (thanks, Don!) and successfully load and search
the first file of records (only 802, but it's a start!).

Then I try:

perl marc2bre.pl -startid=803 ebooks/oxford.mrc |  perl
direct_ingest.pl |  perl pg_loader.pl -or bre -or mrd -or mfr -or mtfe
-or mafe -or msfe -or mkfe -or msefe -a mrd -a mfr -a mtfe -a mafe -a
msfe -a mkfe -a msefe > oxford.sql

and get:

Writing file ...
Can't use an undefined value as an ARRAY reference at pg_loader.pl line
86, <> line 34657.

There's actually data in oxford.sql, with appropriate looking record
numbers. The file ends with data for "COPY metabib.author_field_entry
(field,source,value) FROM STDIN;".

So what should come after, and what am I missing?

don