[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Data load challenges

Mike Rylander mrylander at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 12:46:39 EDT 2007

On 7/5/07, Don Hamilton <dhamilton at wlu.ca> wrote:

> Hmm... everything leads to another issue, proving yet again how much I don't
> know...
>
> So, I figured out that  I should have paid attention when those messages
> about svn instead of cvs went flying by... after cvs up'ing a few times, and
> getting no updates, a bit of browsing of old emails got me to install svn
> and then copy the trunks for both SRF and ILS.
>
> BUT, how do I install the updated perlmods? or whatever it is I need to do
> so that the new pg-loader (thanks, Mike!) doesn't complain:

Ahh yes.  the easiest way to just get a working version is to change

use OpenSRF::Utils::JSON;

to read

use JSON;

in your shiny new pg_loader.pl.

Otherwise you'll need to grab the OpenSRF repository, compile and
install that (fairly trivial, really -- svn co, then make all install)
and then rinse and repeat with the ILS (Evergreen) repo.  That, of
course, assumes that you're using CVS head, and not 1.0.something.

--miker