[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Data load challenges

Don Hamilton dhamilton at wlu.ca
Fri Jul 6 09:45:00 EDT 2007

Trying this now...

I must have 'something' configured wrong. if I type 'source' at my
(bash) shell prompt, I get a warning from source that it needs an
argument.

don at tamarak:~/loader/SRF/trunk$ source
-bash: source: filename argument required
source: usage: source filename [arguments]

 When I do the make, I get:

don at tamarak:~/loader/SRF/trunk$ make
-e
 * Run 'make verbose' to see full make output

source install.conf && make -s -C src all
/bin/sh: source: not found
make: *** [all] Error 127
don at tamarak:~/loader/SRF/trunk$

So, why does make use sh? and how can I change that? The ILS/trunk make
works, btw...

don

>>> mrylander at gmail.com 7/5/2007 1:12 PM >>>

Awesome, Dan.  Thanks for this.  Just a couple minor corrections ...

On 7/5/07, Dan Scott <denials at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 05/07/07, Don Hamilton <dhamilton at wlu.ca> wrote:
> > BUT, how do I install the updated perlmods? or whatever it is I
need to do
> > so that the new pg-loader (thanks, Mike!) doesn't complain:
>
> Hi Don:
>
> I was waiting until the first 1.2.0 release candidate came out to
> document this, but the install instructions for Evergreen from SVN
are
> pretty simple if you already have all of the prerequisites in place,
> so here's a sneak preview:
>
> 1) Install OpenSRF.
> 1a) cd into OpenSRF/trunk/ directory
> 1b) If you are not on Debian, modify install.conf to reflect the
paths
> of your APR headers, apxs2 executable, etc.
> 1c) make
> 1d) make install
>
> 2) Install Evergreen
> 2a) cd into OpenSRF/trunk/ directory

That should be Evergreen/trunk/ or equivalent.

> 2b) make config
> 2c) make
> 2d) make install
>
> 3) Update your configuration to reflect that bootstrap.conf is no
longer used.
> 3a) In /openils/conf/opensrf_core.xml, add a
> <settings_config>/openils/conf/opensrf.xml</settings_config> element
> inside the /config/opensrf/ element

As with bootstrap.conf, only do that on the machine that should be
running the settings server.  For single-box installations that's
obviously the only machine, and thus correct, but for multi-box (or
multi-brick) installations that is generally only the brick leader(s).

> 3b) In /etc/apache2/startup.pl (if that's where you put it), change
> /openils/conf/bootstrap.conf to /openils/conf/opensrf_core.xml
> globally
>
> 4) Start Evergreen using /openils/conf/opensrf_core.xml as the only
config file
> 4a) su - opensrf
> 4b) osrf_ctl.sh -c /openils/conf/opensrf_core.xml start_all
>
> 5) Run autogen.sh, passing it opensrf_core.xml as the config file
> 4a) cd /openils/bin; autogen.sh /openils/conf/opensrf_core.xml
>
> I /think/ that's about it. Let me know if you run into trouble; if
you
> do, it's likely because there's more changes in step 3) that I
forgot
> about!

Rock and/or roll, Dan!

--miker