[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Data load challenges

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 12:53:49 EDT 2007

On 05/07/07, Don Hamilton <dhamilton at wlu.ca> wrote:
> BUT, how do I install the updated perlmods? or whatever it is I need to do
> so that the new pg-loader (thanks, Mike!) doesn't complain:

Hi Don:

I was waiting until the first 1.2.0 release candidate came out to
document this, but the install instructions for Evergreen from SVN are
pretty simple if you already have all of the prerequisites in place,
so here's a sneak preview:

1) Install OpenSRF.
1a) cd into OpenSRF/trunk/ directory
1b) If you are not on Debian, modify install.conf to reflect the paths
of your APR headers, apxs2 executable, etc.
1c) make
1d) make install

2) Install Evergreen
2a) cd into OpenSRF/trunk/ directory
2b) make config
2c) make
2d) make install

3) Update your configuration to reflect that bootstrap.conf is no longer used.
3a) In /openils/conf/opensrf_core.xml, add a
<settings_config>/openils/conf/opensrf.xml</settings_config> element
inside the /config/opensrf/ element
3b) In /etc/apache2/startup.pl (if that's where you put it), change
/openils/conf/bootstrap.conf to /openils/conf/opensrf_core.xml
globally

4) Start Evergreen using /openils/conf/opensrf_core.xml as the only config file
4a) su - opensrf
4b) osrf_ctl.sh -c /openils/conf/opensrf_core.xml start_all

5) Run autogen.sh, passing it opensrf_core.xml as the config file
4a) cd /openils/bin; autogen.sh /openils/conf/opensrf_core.xml

I /think/ that's about it. Let me know if you run into trouble; if you
do, it's likely because there's more changes in step 3) that I forgot
about!

--
Dan Scott
Laurentian University