[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Data load challenges

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 20:44:36 EDT 2007

Don -- that's awesome news!

On 06/07/07, Don Hamilton <dhamilton at wlu.ca> wrote:

<snip>

> direct_ingest has to be sudo'd cuz it can't log
>
> pg_loader has to be sudo'd cuz it can't log

Hmm. Are you running as the opensrf user? If so, did you remember to run:

chown -R opensrf:opensrf /openils/

> I have run the marc2bre | direct_ingest | pq_loader on 4 successive ebook
> files, loaded the generated sql wirg postgress, added an 'ebooks source, set
> the source to match that, and...
>
> if you look at http://tamarak.wlu.ca and search for history, you can browse
> our 2085 or so ebooks!

Very cool! I noticed that the book jackets are inaccessible due to a
permissions (403) error; maybe a small tweak to the config or
directory permissions are necessary. But can I say again: very cool!

--
Dan Scott
Laurentian University