[OPEN-ILS-DEV] OPAC configurations/skins/themes, etc

Bill Ott bott at grpl.org
Tue Jul 10 11:18:56 EDT 2007

Don Hamilton said the following on 07/09/2007 01:17 PM:
> Hi all.
>
> Now that I am reasonably successfully running an ebooks database, I'd
> like to start customizing my displays, please.
>
> http://open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=evergreen-admin:customizations:opac is
> yet to be written, sigh ;{. Can anyone get me started on making
> http://tamarak.wlu.ca looking more like http://library.wlu.ca, please?

Are you familiar with the Firefox Web Developer extension?  That's an
easy way to start determining which files contain the style information
you'd like to change.

Identify pieces by viewing style information (CTRL+SHIFT+Y), then use
the Edit CSS tool (CTRL+SHIFT+E) where you can make modifications on the
fly and immediately see the changes, then save the files and put them in
place.

But, you won't find all of the style information in the .css files
(unless this has changed from my 1.1.5 install).  The following makes it
look like you'll find quite a bit in various places.  In as many as 42
different files?

$ grep -l -r style /openils/var/web/opac/skin/default/* |wc -l
42

However, if you're just looking to replace that pale green background,
use this to track it down:

$ grep -l -r E0F6E0 /openils/var/web/opac/*

Happy hunting!