[OPEN-ILS-DEV] PATCH: French translation of OPAC

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 09:35:13 EDT 2007

On 18/07/07, Mike Rylander <mrylander at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/18/07, Bill Erickson <billserickson at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Committed to trunk and 1.2.  Thanks, guys!
> >

> Awesome.  Thanks guys.
>
> On minor thing ... I looked at the dtd quickly last night and was
> wondering if we should change the language to French from English
> (well, the French translation thereof).

Yeah, that would make a lot of sense. Maybe something like:

<!ENTITY lang.version "supprimer v1"> <!-- Change to reflect the
version of this translation -->
<!ENTITY lang.description "français"> <!-- Change to reflect the
language of the strings in this DTD -->
<!ENTITY lang.author "Université Laurentienne"> <!-- Change to reflect
the source of the translation -->

The translator didn't have any context for translating those strings,
so translated them literally. Adding comments like I have to the
English DTD would help future translators. For lang.version, it might
make more sense to just use the SVN revision number (unless we're
trying to match DTD version numbers with Evergreen release numbers,
which is a different matter).

Good catch Mike!

--
Dan Scott