[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Newbie install question

Karen Collier kcollier at kent.lib.md.us
Wed Jul 18 13:20:12 EDT 2007

Dave,

Take my advice with a grain of salt as one newbie (who hasn't yet got her
system running as evidenced by my last post) to another.

Which version are you working with?  If the 1.2.0 rc1 version, then the
default build targets during make config are [openils_core openils_web
openils_db], which differs from what's in the instructions [opensrf_all
openils_all evergreen_core].  My guess is you went with what was in the
instructions and that's why you're getting unknown target.  I went with the
default and didn't get any sort of error at that point, but my system also
isn't working, so I can't guarantee doing what I did will be any better in
the long run.

Hopefully someone else on the list can give us both some insight on which of
these options for build target is the one to go with.  And see if there's
anywhere else in the configuration that the instructions differ from the
default options and/or what should be.

Karen Collier
Kent County Public Library

  _____