[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Newbie install question

David Harty dharty at BCR.ORG
Wed Jul 18 14:41:13 EDT 2007

Hi Karen,

Thanks for the reply. I am indeed trying to setup 1.2.0rc1. I think
going with the defaults is good idea, so I am going to try that.  Maybe
I'll run into your problem next.

Good luck,

Dave

________________________________

From: open-ils-dev-bounces at list.georgialibraries.org
[mailto:open-ils-dev-bounces at list.georgialibraries.org] On Behalf Of
Karen Collier
Sent: Wednesday, July 18, 2007 11:20 AM
To: open-ils-dev at list.georgialibraries.org
Subject: RE: [OPEN-ILS-DEV] Newbie install question

Dave,

Take my advice with a grain of salt as one newbie (who hasn't yet got
her system running as evidenced by my last post) to another.

Which version are you working with?  If the 1.2.0 rc1 version, then the
default build targets during make config are [openils_core openils_web
openils_db], which differs from what's in the instructions [opensrf_all
openils_all evergreen_core].  My guess is you went with what was in the
instructions and that's why you're getting unknown target.  I went with
the default and didn't get any sort of error at that point, but my
system also isn't working, so I can't guarantee doing what I did will be
any better in the long run.

Hopefully someone else on the list can give us both some insight on
which of these options for build target is the one to go with.  And see
if there's anywhere else in the configuration that the instructions
differ from the default options and/or what should be.

Karen Collier

Kent County Public Library