[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Newbie install question

Dan Wells dbw2 at calvin.edu
Mon Jul 23 16:13:29 EDT 2007

>PS. Just one note on Dan's updated Ubuntu 7.04 install instructions that
>were sent out earlier.  (Thank you, Dan, those were a big help!)  During the
>building OpenILS part, I had to do the following after "make config" and
>before "sudo make install":

>CFLAGS=-D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE make

>Could've just been my machine, but hey, it worked!  :)

Karen,

I'm glad you were finally able to work it all out. You're right, I think all Ubuntu 7.04 installs will need that flag when doing the 'make' for OpenILS in addition to using it for the OpenSRF package.  I had forgotten that I had exported that variable while experimenting with the best way to make the OpenSRF package build properly, so my test OpenILS install succeeded without specifying it (by luck only).  Thanks for noting it.

DW