[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Newbie install question

Karen Collier kcollier at kent.lib.md.us
Mon Jul 23 14:55:09 EDT 2007

After two weeks of beating my head against a wall and asking lots of
questions about errors and such, I finally have a fully functioning install
of Evergreen running.

The problem?  256 MB of RAM is definitely not enough, even to start the
server for testing it out.  The solution was so simple I'd want to cry if I
weren't so happy!  I now have a gig of memory and Evergreen is purring away,
without any more modifications to anything.

I just wanted to say thank you to all the people on this list and on
#openils-evergreen who have taken the time to offer suggestions and help me
out.

Thank you,
Karen Collier
Kent County Public Library

PS. Just one note on Dan's updated Ubuntu 7.04 install instructions that
were sent out earlier.  (Thank you, Dan, those were a big help!)  During the
building OpenILS part, I had to do the following after "make config" and
before "sudo make install":

CFLAGS=-D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE make

Could've just been my machine, but hey, it worked!  :)