[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Newbie install question

Karen Collier kcollier at kent.lib.md.us
Mon Jul 23 17:42:58 EDT 2007

> Finally, feel free to make edits to the Wiki, but be thick-skinned enough to not
> feel bad if I eventually end of changing your changes in some way :)  That's the
> wiki way I suppose.

Thick skin prepared.  ;-)  I posted on the wiki, more or less verbatim Dan's edits to the installation instructions.  Sorry if there are type-o's.  They're probably mine.  I made it a separate page for the time being just describing changes from earlier instructions, since there are probably people still out there installing earlier versions with the original instructions as they are.  Once 1.2.0 gets promoted from release candidate to stable version, those changes should probably be integrated into the main installation instruction page.

Then again, it might be worthwhile to keep the installation instructions for earlier versions intact indefinitely and create a new page for each new version that requires changes to the installation instructions.  In that case, I could integrate the changes into the text of the earlier installation instructions now, on the new page I created.

http://open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=server_installation

http://open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=installing_evergreen_on_ubuntu_7.04

http://open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=installing_evergreen_1.2.x_on_ubuntu_7.04

Thoughts?