[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Newbie install question

Mike Rylander mrylander at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 21:46:25 EDT 2007

On 7/23/07, Karen Collier <kcollier at kent.lib.md.us> wrote:

[snip]

> Then again, it might be worthwhile to keep the installation instructions for earlier versions intact indefinitely and create a new page for each new version that requires changes to the installation instructions.  In that case, I could integrate the changes into the text of the earlier installation instructions now, on the new page I created.
>
> http://open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=server_installation
>
> http://open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=installing_evergreen_on_ubuntu_7.04
>
> http://open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=installing_evergreen_1.2.x_on_ubuntu_7.04
>
> Thoughts?

We should definitely keep the older documentation around, and the wiki
actually provides a to divide up areas using hierarchical namespaces*.
 Perhaps that would make sense for this.  Basically, when creating new
pages, just write the links with colons separating each part part or
the hierarchy:

  [[evergreen:1.2:install:linux:ubuntu:7.04]]
     vs
  [[evergreen:1.0:install:linux:ubuntu:7.04]]
     vs
  [[evergreen:1.2:install:linux:redhat]]

etc...

* http://wiki.splitbrain.org/wiki:namespaces

Thanks, folks.  Keep up the great work!  Ever bit is much appreciated.

--miker