[OPEN-ILS-DEV] PATCH: srfsh.c (treatment of login_session)

Mike Rylander mrylander at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 12:48:30 EDT 2007

On 7/25/07, Bill Erickson <billserickson at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 7/25/07, Mike Rylander <mrylander at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 7/25/07, Bill Erickson <billserickson at gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > This is obviously on the side of "more work" ;)
> > >

> > heh ... I'll say so.  One thing this drops, though, is the command
> > renaming which would actually give us i18n for free.
>
> I'm definitely missing something.  What's being i18n-ized in srfsh?

Nothing directly, but if we allow the config file to define the
spelling of the commands, then everything (basically).  Imagine

  <extension command="login" object="foo.so" func="login_func"/>

for English, but replace it with

  <extension command="connexion" object="foo.so" func="login_func"/>

for French.

> That reminds me, I guess srfsh will need an additional environment variable
> for setting the OpenSRF locale once that exists...

There are plenty of locale-ish env variables already.  See

  $ locale -v

> > I'm probably
> > missing something, but what is all that infrastructure buying us that
> > a simple config file controlled hash not?
>
> I'll wait on the patch to make sure I'm understanding the proposal...

OK ... I think we're imagining the same functionality, I'm just seeing
a simpler (dumbed-down?) implementation.

--miker