[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Install 1.2 rc2, can not Finalize the OPAC

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 23:25:07 EDT 2007

On 31/07/07, M Z <michael.hx.z at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Dan,
>
> Sorry, I just made a change for that, it is eg-server.mydomain.com in the
> tag. Not sure other places need fully qualified domain instead hostname? But
> it seems the error is not from this tag. Any suggestion?

In general, you can't go wrong if you use the fully-qualified hostname
everywhere. As the Ubuntu install instructions say:

"Each place in these instructions where we use the name 'eg-server,'
we are actually using the computer's fully-qualified domain name (or
at least what the machine believes it to be)."
http://open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=installing_evergreen_on_ubuntu_7.04

The whole notice in this section about fully-qualified domain names is
probably worth re-reading, actually. If you can't get it working, send
us the logs and config files (Config/Log zip-up in
http://open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=scratchpad:dmcmorris:start,
as well as /etc/jabberd/ejabberd.conf and the output of "perl
-MNet::Domain=hostfqdn -e print hostfqdn()").

--
Dan Scott
Laurentian University