[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Startup errors

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 11:47:45 EDT 2007

On 03/06/07, Don McMorris <don.mcmorris at gmail.com> wrote:
> HI Hennie:
>
> A similar issue arose a couple weeks ago...  My focus is going to be
> on the following:
> open-ils.cstore 2007-06-03 15:53:03 [ERR :17550:oils_cstore.c:229:]
> Error loading database driver [pgsql]

I'll focus on this error message too, but from another direction --
let's also ensure that libdbdpgsql.so has libdbi.so linked against it.

First, get the path where libdbdpgsql.so is installed:
$ locate libdbdpgsql.so

Then, list the libraries that are dynamically linked against libdbdpgsql.so:

$ ldd /path/to/libdbpgsql.so

One of these libraries listed should be libdbi.so; if not, then you
probably need to carefully rebuild libdbi.so and libdbdpgsql.so from
source following the directions at
http://open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=libdbi

One other note: unless you're running CVS HEAD, where we've fixed the
problem by linking with -rpath, you'll need to have your
LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable set to point at the location of
the libdbi.so and libdbdpgsql.so directory. Setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH is
also covered (briefly) in the libdbi wiki page.

--
Dan Scott
Laurentian University