[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Evergreen Subversion, Dry run #1

Bill Erickson billserickson at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 16:33:37 EDT 2007

As promised, I've performed dry-run #1 of our CVS -> Subversion migration.
The repositories are at [1] and [2] -- these are CVS snapshots from around
9am EDT.

Also, OpenSRF has been removed from the development branch of the test ILS
repository (with some more cleaning to do after the real migration) into its
own repository and a sample Makefile and install.conf have been added to the
OpenSRF repository for testing.

Some quick Subversion commands for the CVS folks:

# see what's in the ILS repository
svn ls svn://svn.open- ils.org/ILS/

# see what branches are in the ILS repository (change /branches to /tags to
see the tags)
svn ls svn://svn.open- ils.org/ILS/branches

# check out the development branch
svn co svn://svn.open-ils.org/ILS/trunk

-------------

I've also added a Trac (all the cool kids are doing it, right?) instance
over both repositories at [3] and [4].  Currently, the Trac instances are
meant to be nothing more than repository browsers.  We have no immediate
plans to move the bug database or wiki over to Trac.

-------------

We would greatly appreciate any testing anyone can do against these dry-run
repositories and the Trac instances.  Note: to perform an actual install
from the new repositories, install OpenSRF first (may require editing of
OpenSRF's install.conf), then install ILS (remove any opensrf targets from
ILS's install.conf) -- all other install steps should remain the same.

As it stands, we are still on track (*rimshot*) to migrate the Evergreen CVS
repository to Subversion permanently on the afternoon of (next) Monday, June
11th.  The current plan is to migrate around 1pm EDT and then begin the
process of ensuring that, as much as possible, we are not adding additional
complication to the install process.

[1] svn://svn.open-ils.org/ILS
[2] svn://svn.open-ils.org/OpenSRF
[3] http://svn.open-ils.org/trac/ILS/