[OPEN-ILS-DEV] PATCH: osrfConfig.c (messages to stderr)

Scott McKellar mck9 at swbell.net
Sat Jun 16 00:39:37 EDT 2007

If osrfConfigInit() is unable to load the configuration file,
it issues error messages to the log.

Unfortunately, if we can't load the configuration file, we don't know
where the log file is.  The usual result is that the messages don't
go anywhere.  At best, depending on some convoluted details that
aren't worth going into here, the messages will go to an obscure
system-wide syslog file that only a hardened system administrator
could love.

In this patch I send similar messages to standard error, so that
someone can see them.  It might make sense to delete the calls
to osrfLogWarning(), but I left them alone.

Warning: the directory path for the patch may not be right.  Now
that you have switched to Subversion I should probably download
a fresh copy of the repository.

Scott McKellar
http://home.swbell.net/mck9/aargh/

eveloper's Certificate of Origin 1.1 By making a contribution to
this project, I certify that:

(a) The contribution was created in whole or in part by me and I
have the right to submit it under the open source license indicated
in the file; or

(b) The contribution is based upon previous work that, to the best
of my knowledge, is covered under an appropriate open source license
and I have the right under that license to submit that work with
modifications, whether created in whole or in part by me, under the
same open source license (unless I am permitted to submit under a
different license), as indicated in the file; or

(c) The contribution was provided directly to me by some other person
who certified (a), (b) or (c) and I have not modified it; and

(d) In the case of each of (a), (b), or (c), I understand and agree
that this project and the contribution are public and that a record
of the contribution (including all personal information I submit
with it, including my sign-off) is maintained indefinitely and may
be redistributed consistent with this project or the open source
license indicated in the file.