[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Staff Client authentication woes

Dan Wells dbw2 at calvin.edu
Thu Jun 21 12:02:45 EDT 2007

Ed,

Thanks for bringing this up.  I have been maintaining the Ubuntu install page, and have made the changes concerning memcached.  When I wrote it up originally, I was more comfortable with changing the setting manually and starting the process manually to make sure things were in sync, but relying on the default Ubuntu behavior is simpler and certainly appropriate in this case.

As for the localhost issue, I am not too sure where the current instructions went wrong.  Were you thinking of adding something along the lines of a general warning, or actually changing specific instructions?  Right now the instructions only use as an alternative listening address for postgresql and ejabberd, and I know that neither of those settings causes problems.  Then again, maybe they are just adding needless flexibility.

DW

>>> "Sperr, Edwin" <sperr at nelinet.net> 6/21/2007 10:31 AM >>>
Don's fateful words from before...

> may be completing, but losing the hash before .complete is run.  I
> suppose it could me a memcached issue too?

AH-HA!  It was the butler in the drawing room with the memcached process
that was listening on port 11211! Just like:

http://list.georgialibraries.org/pipermail/open-ils-dev/2007-June/001214
.html

It looks like even if you manually start memcached listening on port
10101 (as the install instructions suggest), it will shift over to port
11211 the next time the system restarts.  Is it possible to get edit
access to the wiki?  I'd gladly clean this up in the Ubuntu install
instructions (along with the localhost issue).

Thanks again for all your collective help (I'm sure this won't be the
last time I ask for it...)

Ed