[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Creating the database schema

Mike Rylander mrylander at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 20:39:36 EST 2007

On 3/7/07, Dan Scott <denials at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 07/03/07, Mike Rylander <mrylander at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 3/4/07, Dan Scott <denials at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Hi:
> > >
> > > Trying out 1.1.0 and seem to have most things working (all of the
> > > opensrf drones are running, I am not seeing opensrf-c crashing as I
> > > was before increasing the max_user_sessions variable for ejabberd).
> > >
> > > However, the database is empty; none of the tables have been created,
> > > which means that nothing really works. From reading through the
> > > comments, it sounds like the schema should be created as part of the
> > > Evergreen "make install" - but I have tried running that again to no
> > > avail. I have confirmed that the database is empty through psql. I
> > > *know* that with the 1.0.2.x versions the schema used to be created at
> > > install time :)
> > >
> > > So what is the process for creating the schema in 1.1.0?
> >
> > It's the same as the 1.0 series ... I'm not sure at all what could be
> > going wrong other than not having the proper target in the make list.
> > Other than a /very/ early error (say, in the offline schema) that's
> > the only thing that would keep the entire thing from happening
> > altogether ... and even that would leave some stuff in the DB.
> >

> Yep, mea culpa, there was a lack of a proper target in the make list.
> It looks like the default targets changed between the 1.0.x series
> (defaulting to opensrf-all openils-all evergreen-core) and 1.1.x
> series (opensrf-all openils-core openils-web evergreen-core). Adding
> openils-all to the make target in 1.1.x solved that problem -- but now
> I've discovered that the 1.1.x branch started making use of
> PostgreSQL's contrib/xml2 functions, and of course I didn't have "xml"
> in my USE flags, so I'm off and recompiling PostgreSQL again. Heh...
> the fun never stops :)

Well, it's not exactly making use of it yet ... but you will need to
install the xml2 contrib module in dev.  It's actually more
complicated than that (requiring a patch to the contrib module), so I
think I'll extract that bit from 1.1.2...

So, mea culpa back atcha! :)

mrylander at gmail.com
GPLS -- PINES Development
Database Developer