[OPEN-ILS-DEV] O frabjous joy!

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 00:25:15 EST 2007

Please excuse the subject; I'm feeling pretty silly because it's late
and I just finished rolling back to 1.0.2.4, rebuilding, and rather
effortlessly bringing up the GPLS search interface with a successful
search. Well, it would be successful if I had any MARC records in the
system...

Only a couple of hitches left (no, really!). One was a nasty looking
error on the final step of running autogen.sh (updating OrgTree HTML):

TYPE: OpenSRF::DomainObject::oilsMethodException
MESS: <500> *** Call to [open-ils.actor.org-tree.retrieve] failed for
session [x], thread trace:
Can't use an undefined value as an ARRAY reference at
/openils/lib/perl5/OpenILS/Application/Actor.pm line 960, <STDIN> line
1.

I'm guessing this is no big deal, and that it would take care of
itself if I used config.cgi to set up some Organizational Units.

That brings up problem #2: config.cgi displays the different options
that I can configure, but when I select one I simply get an internal
server error. The Apache error_log says its because it can't find
OpenILS::Application::Storage.pm, and I know that's failing because
@INC doesn't include /openils/lib/perl5 (even though I've set up
PERL5LIB and PassEnv and the OPAC seems to be working well enough).

Ah well. Getting there, getting there. Apart from those minor bumps to
get over, I'm thinking about a few more things that I'm going to need
in the short term:

#1 with a bullet: a more generic default catalogue skin. GPLS might
not want Pines-themed catalogues springing up around the world.
Although it's a good promo for them :)

#2 with a bullet: loading some MARC data in batch. I'm guessing that
"magical command line for creating loader SQL" from
http://open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=scratchpad:random_magic_spells
is probably pointing me in the right direction. You realize I will pin
someone down and squeeze documentation out of them about this :)

A little bit giddy,
Dan