[OPEN-ILS-DEV] OpenSRF-C startup problem

Bill Ott bott at grpl.org
Fri Mar 9 17:00:05 EST 2007

I've jumped in with both feet and have put together a server over the
last couple days.  Everything is going pretty well, until I get to the
startup of OpenSRF-C.  I see Starting...  and Loading...  get a long
pause (timeout?) and finally a segmentation fault.

I've found the following in /var/log/messages:
   openils opensrf.settings: [ERR :24737:oilsMessage.pm:223:] Connection
seems to be mangled: Got REQUEST instead of CONNECT

and these in /openils/var/log/osrfsys.log:
   opensrf 2007-03-09 16:45:10 [INFO:24771:osrf_app_session.c:142:]
Returning NULL from app_request_recv after timeout
   opensrf 2007-03-09 16:45:10 [ERR :24771:osrf_settings.c:41:] Unable
to load config for host openils.grpl.org

I'm guessing it may be an error in a config file, but haven't been able
to track it down.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Particulars:
  Evergreen v1.0.2.4
  OS: FC6
  jabber: ChopChop
  Pg: 8.2.3
  Apache: 2.0.59

As an aside, I'm the IT Manager of a public library, and member of an
80+ library cooperative.  I'm very interested in putting together a test
machine, then scaling it up and seeing where I can take it.  I'm
generally a FreeBSD and MySQL man, but other than that, everything is
very familiar.  We've written our fair share of Apache modules, so
problems there.  I'll probably take a crack at this under FreeBSD, and I
already have some notes on FC6 that may be useful.

-Bill