[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Evergreen maintenance

Harry Bochner Harry.Bochner at biogenidec.com
Mon Mar 26 11:01:13 EDT 2007

Thanks for the input, Jason.

> I'm a little enamored with Delicious Library (a Mac application), but
> I'm not sure how suitable it would be for you:

My boss is familiar with it, and says it's great for a personal library,
but too small
for our needs. Better something over-powered, like Evergreen, than
something
underpowered.

Our OPAC might only get a dozen hits a day (or maybe several dozen?), so
load-balancing
isn't something we're thinking about. But it does have to run on a linux
server, and be
web-accessible throughout the LAN.

>From your feedback, it sounds like there's little or none of the kind of
on-going
"care and feeding" that I was concerned about. Sure, upgrades will take
some
work, but that's inevitable. (And we can skip them unless there's a bug
fix we
care about! ;-)

So I'll go back to plugging away ...

Thanks again,