[OPEN-ILS-DEV] router@eg-server/opensrf.settings IS NOT CONNECTED TO THE NETWORK!!!

Dan Wells dbw2 at calvin.edu
Tue May 1 14:00:49 EDT 2007

Hello Tom,

As the current maintainer of the Ubuntu pages, hopefully I can help you out.
The 'router' is a system service which connects to an account (named 'router')
on a Jabber server which is used for system message passing.  In our case the
Jabber server is ejabberd.  Your most likely problems are:

1) You have not started the actual OpenSRF Router service.
This can be done with:
sudo -u opensrf /openils/bin/osrf_ctl.sh -d /tmp/ -p
/openils/conf/bootstrap.conf -c \
/openils/conf/opensrf_core.xml -a start_all

or more specifically:
sudo -u opensrf /openils/bin/osrf_ctl.sh -d /tmp/ -p
/openils/conf/bootstrap.conf -c \
/openils/conf/opensrf_core.xml -a start_router

2) ejabberd is not running
You can check this by running:
sudo ejabberdctl status

If it is not started, start it:
sudo ejabberdctl start

You will need to start the OpenSRF router after ejabberd.

3) ejabberd is not configured properly.
Double-check all the parts of step 23 on the wiki page.  In particular, make
sure this has been done:
sudo ejabberdctl register router eg-server everPass

You are free to change the last value (the password), but the username must be
'router'.

Please let me know if any of this helps of if anything specific fails for
you.

DW