[OPEN-ILS-DEV] config pointer is NULL ?

Hennie Rautenbach hennie at sabinet.co.za
Mon May 7 16:09:19 EDT 2007

Hi there,

I have completed almost all the required steps of the installation
(Debian Etch Stable). I managed to get the ejabberd authentication
problem sorted out. It was a case of not specifying the fully qualified
hostname when I created the users with ejabberdctl.

When I start the server it gives the following error:

opensrf at leo:~$ /openils/bin/osrf_ctl.sh -d /tmp/ -p
/openils/conf/bootstrap.conf -c /openils/conf/opensrf_core.xml -a start_all
Starting OpenSRF Router
Starting OpenSRF Perl
 * Server type: Net::Server::PreFork
 * System bootstrap
 * Starting UnixServer for open-ils.cat...
 * Starting UnixServer for open-ils.supercat...
 * Starting UnixServer for open-ils.search...
 * Starting UnixServer for open-ils.circ...
 * Starting UnixServer for open-ils.actor...
 * Starting UnixServer for open-ils.storage...
 * Starting UnixServer for open-ils.penalty...
 * Starting UnixServer for open-ils.collections...
 * Starting UnixServer for open-ils.ingest...
 * Starting UnixServer for open-ils.reporter...
 * Starting Listener for open-ils.cat...
 * Starting Listener for open-ils.supercat...
 * Starting Listener for open-ils.search...
 * Starting Listener for open-ils.circ...
 * Starting Listener for open-ils.actor...
 * Starting Listener for open-ils.storage...
 * Starting Listener for open-ils.penalty...
 * Starting Listener for open-ils.collections...
 * Starting Listener for open-ils.ingest...
 * Starting Listener for open-ils.reporter...
 * System is ready...
Starting OpenSRF C
/openils/conf/opensrf_core.xml and config context opensrf
osrf_settings_host_value_object: config pointer is NULL

Any idea what this could be ?

Regards,

Hennie