[OPEN-ILS-DEV] EJabberd Problems on FC5?

Dan Wells dbw2 at calvin.edu
Mon May 21 09:56:43 EDT 2007

Hello Hennie,

Well, I am a bit partial to them (since I wrote them), but I think the Ubuntu 7.04 instructions are the most complete and explicit currently available.  You can see them here:

http://www.open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=installing_prerequisites_on_ubuntu_7.04

They are an updated and expanded version of the older 6.06/6.10 instructions which you may have tried previously.  I have run through them myself twice with success, and also helped one other person reach completion.

You may also want to try the Ubuntu VMWare image which was built using these instructions.  It had previously been a very heavy download at 1.1 GB, but I have since been able to slim it down to a more reasonable 438 MB.  If you haven't used VMWare before, the easiest way to start is probably with the free VMWare Player.  You may need to use the Player 2.0 Beta with this image (that's what I use), but I don't think that is required (unless you want shared folders).

Best wishes,
DW