[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Re: Open-ils-dev Digest, Vol 14, Issue 64

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Thu May 24 09:12:17 EDT 2007

On 24/05/07, Don McMorris <don.mcmorris at gmail.com> wrote:
> Since you're digested, hopefully this e-mail will will solve your
> problem ;).  Just a quick note... gmail does group the list e-mails
> nicely by subject if you run in "normal" mode.  I usually don't get
> any more than a couple threads a day (with an occasional burst of
> about half a dozen), and they're all easily distinguished with a
> subject line beginning with "[open-ils...".
>
> If you want to change your list settings, you can from
> http://www.open-ils.org/listserv.html (from here, click on the
> appropriate mailing list, and at the bottom is "unsubscribe or edit
> options").  For now, I've "BCC"'d you in hopes of getting you an
> immediate reply so that you can expedite the fix ;)
>
> It was suggested in the chat (#OpenILS-Evergreen on the Freenode IRC
> network) that we next test the Perl DBI module.  A simple way to do
> this is to use the perl script at
> http://www.open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=scratchpad:dmcmorris:dbdtest
>
> Good Luck!
> --Don
>

> On 5/23/07, Pseudo Admin <sayanslib at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Hello Don,
> >
> > Here is the output when I run cslibadmin at cslibff:~$ psql -U [berde]
> > evergreen
> >
> > cslibadmin at cslibff:~$ psql -U berde evergreen
> > Password for user berde:
> > Welcome to psql 8.2.4, the PostgreSQL interactive terminal.
> >
> > Type:  \copyright for distribution terms
> >        \h for help with SQL commands
> >        \? for help with psql commands
> >        \g or terminate with semicolon to execute query
> >        \q to quit
> >
> > evergreen=# SELECT * FROM actor.org_unit;
> >  id | parent_ou | ou_type | ill_address | holds_address | mailing_address |
> > billing_address | shortname |         name         | email | phone |
> > opac_visible
> > ----+-----------+---------+-------------+---------------+-----------------+-----------------+-----------+----------------------+-------+-------+--------------
> >   1 |           |       1 |           1 |             1 |               1 |
> >              1 | CONS      | Example Consortium   |       |       | t
> >   2 |         1 |       2 |           1 |             1 |               1 |
> >              1 | SYS1      | Example System 1     |       |       | t
> >   3 |         1 |       2 |           1 |             1 |               1 |
> >              1 | SYS2      | Example System 2     |       |       | t
> >   4 |         2 |       3 |           1 |             1 |               1 |
> >              1 | BR1       | Example Branch 1     |       |       | t
> >   5 |         2 |       3 |           1 |             1 |               1 |
> >              1 | BR2       | Example Branch 2     |       |       | t
> >   6 |         3 |       3 |           1 |             1 |               1 |
> >              1 | BR3       | Example Branch 3     |       |       | t
> >   7 |         3 |       3 |           1 |             1 |               1 |
> >              1 | BR4       | Example Branch 4     |       |       | t
> >   8 |         4 |       4 |           1 |             1 |               1 |
> [...]

Also, please ensure that libdbdpgsql.so is linked against libdbi.so as
described in this email:
http://list.georgialibraries.org/pipermail/open-ils-dev/2007-May/000928.html

1) Can you send us the results of the following commands?
$ locate libdbdpgsql.so
 -- this will give you the location where the libdbi-driver was installed
$ ldd /path/to/libdbdpgsql.so

You should see a line like:
       libdbi.so.0 => /usr/lib/dbd/libdbi.so.0

Let us know.