[OPEN-ILS-DEV] import data from voyager

Don Hamilton dhamilton at wlu.ca
Thu May 24 16:05:00 EDT 2007

Congratulations, Jason... You beat me by a long shot.... But now that
you have, (and now that Rene has our system starting with NO logged
errors!) can you give us some details of what exactly you did? Once I
build on what you've done and loaded some records, I'll volunteer for a
wiki account and add a 'voyager data load' section once we're done.

Also, could you define "very slow"? As I mentioned in a query a week or
so ago, I'd like to iterate through loading some 5 million bibs, and if
10,000 are very slow, I'm afraid to think what 5m would be. I have some
experience with bulk loading to fresh data bases, and will take a stab
at that if the 'regular' load is too slow.

don

>>> qzou at lakeheadu.ca 5/24/2007 10:44 AM >>>

Hi everyone,

By using scripts in the Open-ILS/src/extra/import/, I imported about
11,000 MARC records. Although the process was very slow, it seems that

it is working. And records have been added into the following tables:
          biblio.record_entry
          metabib.rec_descriptor
          metabib.full_rec
          metabib.title_field_entry
          metabib.author_field_entry
          metabib.subject_field_entry
          metabib.keyword_field_entry
          metabib.series_field_entry

But when I tried to use OPAC to find some records, I always got
nothing.
I am wondering whether there are something that I missed out.

Any suggestions are highly appreciated.

Jason

Lakehead University