[OPEN-ILS-DEV] two questions wrt marc load

Don Hamilton dhamilton at wlu.ca
Tue May 29 16:03:42 EDT 2007

My real questions are sort of a follow-up to the "Missing Object method"
thread, but not really... so after answering my real questions, can you
also tell me is I should have started a new thread or added on to the
old one, please?

Anyhow. I think I am at the end of step 2 in the convert Gutenberg
example, but it ended a little badly. I get
 "perl direct_ingest.pl ~/catalob.bre > ~/gutenberg.ingest
14480   2.33552742519782Use of reference "GLOB(0x921371c)" as array
index at direct_ingest.pl line 125, <> line 14485.
Can't call method "close" on an undefined value at direct_ingest.pl
line 125, <> line 14485.".

Should I worry? I do have an ingest file.

Secondly, I'm trying to figure out the 'time' as displayed in the
'idler' code... the records count went up and up (slowly!), but the
'time' hovered around the value displayed above... 2.335etc. there was a
similar display when I did the marc2bre. this is ubuntu... did I ignore
a thread earlier about various incorrect casts of time variables?

Thanks again for all the help.

don