[OPEN-ILS-DEV] two questions wrt marc load

Mike Rylander mrylander at gmail.com
Tue May 29 16:20:00 EDT 2007

On 5/29/07, Don Hamilton <dhamilton at wlu.ca> wrote:

> My real questions are sort of a follow-up to the "Missing Object method"
> thread, but not really... so after answering my real questions, can you also
> tell me is I should have started a new thread or added on to the old one,
> please?
>
> Anyhow. I think I am at the end of step 2 in the convert Gutenberg example,
> but it ended a little badly. I get
>  "perl direct_ingest.pl ~/catalob.bre > ~/gutenberg.ingest
> 14480   2.33552742519782Use of reference "GLOB(0x921371c)" as array index at
> direct_ingest.pl line 125, <> line 14485.
> Can't call method "close" on an undefined value at direct_ingest.pl line
> 125, <> line 14485.".
>
> Should I worry? I do have an ingest file.

No worries ... it's complaining about not being able to close a clone
of STDOUT.  You can give it an output file instead, which it would
then close.

> Secondly, I'm trying to figure out the 'time' as displayed in the 'idler'
> code... the records count went up and up (slowly!), but the 'time' hovered
> around the value displayed above... 2.335etc. there was a similar display
> when I did the marc2bre. this is ubuntu... did I ignore a thread earlier
> about various incorrect casts of time variables?

That's actually records/second ... and very low, too.  This is one of
the performance areas that I plan to attack soon, but since mass
import should be very rare it hasn't yet been a priority.

> Thanks again for all the help.

No problem.  Glad you got it working!

--miker