[OPEN-ILS-DEV] method "opac_visible"

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 10:29:11 EDT 2007

On 01/11/2007, Pierre Nault <pierrenault at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>     I verified with the troubleshooting document: everything was OK with
> the drivers. I downloaded the settings-tester.pl and tried to run it in
> the /openils/ directory (there is no instructions how and where to run the
> script, so I did perl settings-tester.pl) it give me that:
> Can't locate OpenSRF/Transport/SlimJabber/Client.pm in @INC (@INC
> contains: /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.8 /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.8
> /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.8 /usr/share/perl/5.8
> /usr/local/lib/site_perl .) at settings-tester.pl line 35.
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at settings-tester.pl line 35.
>
> So the problem is still there. I'm a newbie (ultra green I should say)
> with perl, so If someone could give me some instructions with the perl
> script, I'm ready to try it.

Hi Pierre:

I've been revamping the settings-tester.pl script; it's worth downloading
the latest version and trying it again.

To address the error you encountered, the revised version spits out a
message along the lines of:

"Please ensure that /openils/lib/perl5 is in your PERL5LIB environment
variable.
    You must run this script as the 'opensrf' user."

I've also added a check for all of the database connections defined in
opensrf.xml, as well as ensuring that the driver & language sections of
opensrf.xml match appropriately.

--
Dan Scott
Laurentian University