[OPEN-ILS-DEV] method "opac_visible"

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 14:50:13 EDT 2007

On 01/11/2007, Pierre Nault <pierrenault at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Wow! You're working fast : there's been 3 different version of the perl
> script in not much time. I've dowloaded the 7960 revision and it worked (the
> other one before to). This is what I get :
> LWP::UserAgent version 2.033
> XML::LibXML version 1.59
> XML::LibXSLT version 1.59
> Net::Server::PreFork version 0.94
> Cache::Memcached version 1.18
> Class::DBI version v3.0.15
> Class::DBI::AbstractSearch version 0.07
> Template version 2.14
> DBD::Pg version 1.49
> Net::Z3950 version 0.51
> MARC::Record version 1.38
> MARC::Charset version 0.95
> MARC::File::XML version 0.87
> Text::Aspell version 0.04
> CGI version 3.15
> DateTime::TimeZone version 0.42
> DateTime version 0.35
> DateTime::Format::ISO8601 version 0.06
> Unix::Syslog version 0.100
> GD::Graph3d version 0.63
> JavaScript::SpiderMonkey version 0.17
> Log::Log4perl version 1.07
> Email::Send version 2.183
> Text::CSV version
>
> Checking Jabber connection
> * Jabber successfully connected
>
> Checking database connections
> DBI connect('dbname=;host=lichen.bib.uqam.ca ;port=5432','evergreen',...)
> failed: fe_sendauth: no password supplied
>  at ./settings-tester.pl line 164
> * /opensrf/default/reporter/setup :: Unable to connect to database
> dbi:Pg:dbname=;host= lichen.bib.uqam.ca;port=5432, user=evergreen,
> password=
> * /opensrf/default/reporter/setup :: Unable to connect to database
> dbi:Pg:dbname=;host=lichen.bib.uqam.ca;port=5432, user=evergreen,
> password=
> SCALAR(0x86b1870)
> * ERROR: /opensrf/default/reporter/setup :: Database dbi:Pg:dbname=;host=
> lichen.bib.uqam.ca;port=5432 has encoding  instead of UTF8 or UNICODE.
> * /opensrf/default/apps/open- ils.storage/app_settings/databases ::
> Successfully connected to database dbi:Pg:dbname=evergreen;host=
> lichen.bib.uqam.ca;port=5432
>   * Database has the expected server encoding UTF8.
> * /opensrf/default/apps/open-ils.cstore/app_settings :: Successfully
> connected to database dbi:Pg:dbname=evergreen;host=lichen.bib.uqam.ca
> ;port=5432
>   * Database has the expected server encoding UTF8.
> * /opensrf/default/apps/open-ils.reporter-store/app_settings ::
> Successfully connected to database dbi:Pg:dbname=evergreen;host=
> lichen.bib.uqam.ca;port=5432
>   * Database has the expected server encoding UTF8.
>
> Checking database drivers to ensure <driver> matches <language>
> * OK: Pg language is allowed to be undefined for reporter application
> * OK: Pg language is perl in /opensrf/default/apps/open-ils.storage/language
> * OK: pgsql language is C in /opensrf/default/apps/open-ils.cstore
> /language
> [...]

Hi Pierre:

Yes, we're evolving the script as more people run into problems (either with
the script itself, or with getting Evergreen configured and running). You
and another user (who has been talking with us on IRC) have both been
running into similar problems, so it's been a good time to test out
additions and revisions :)

The first problem the script reports is that the reporter database
connection defined in opensrf.xml doesn't seem to be working. That's not a
big deal, however; it shouldn't have any effect on autogen.sh.

The second problem the script reports is more important, however:

"libdbi.so was not linked against /usr/local/lib/dbd/libdbdpgsql.so"

Last night we discovered that the Ubuntu install instructions didn't include
the "--enable-libdbi" flag for compiling libdbi-drivers (in step 17 of
http://open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=installing_evergreen_on_ubuntu_7.04).
Can you try following step 17 again, adding in the --enable-libdbi flag to
the ./configure command this time? Then, once libdbi-drivers has been
compiled and installed, please do the following steps:

sudo -u opensrf osrf_ctl.sh -c /openils/conf/opensrf_core.xml -a stop_all
sudo ldconfig
sudo -u opensrf osrf_ctl.sh -c /openils/conf/opensrf_core.xml -a
start_router
sudo -u opensrf osrf_ctl.sh -c /openils/conf/opensrf_core.xml -a start_perl
sudo -u opensrf osrf_ctl.sh -c /openils/conf/opensrf_core.xml -a start_c

(If you've been using start_all, it's worth breaking the command up into its
separate steps; there is a race condition that sometimes rears its ugly head
if start_c runs too quickly after start_perl).

--
Dan Scott
Laurentian University