[OPEN-ILS-DEV] method "opac_visible"

Pierre Nault pierrenault at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 16:02:30 EST 2007

Hi,

     I did "make clean", then I restarted  all the things with these
commands:
sudo -u opensrf osrf_ctl.sh -c /openils/conf/opensrf_core.xml -a stop_all
sudo ldconfig
sudo -u opensrf osrf_ctl.sh -c /openils/conf/opensrf_core.xml -a
start_router
sudo -u opensrf osrf_ctl.sh -c /openils/conf/opensrf_core.xml -a start_perl
sudo -u opensrf osrf_ctl.sh -c /openils/conf/opensrf_core.xml -a start_c

Note that I add "/openils/bin/" before osrf_ctl.sh otherwise all the
commands won't work (even if I'm in the /openils/bin/ directory). For the
command "sudo Idconfig" do I have to run this from the /openils/bin/
directory ? Anyway I did.

I did "ldd /usr/local/lib/dbd/libdbdpgsql.so" to check the drivers and YES
finally they are working properly.

Even if I got the libdbi drivers to work and connect properly, I have the
same message when I run "sudo -u opensrf ./autogen.sh
/openils/conf/opensrf_core.xml":
Updating fieldmapper
Updating web_fieldmapper
Updating OrgTree
removing OrgTree from the cache...
Updating OrgTree HTML
Can't call method "opac_visible" on an undefined value at
org_tree_html_options.pl line 28.
Done

Like John Fink said, the "opac_visible" problem can have multiples sources.
I just eliminated one or two... Any other ideas ?

One other thing, I have two instance of Evergreen : on this one the OPAC
won't work. On the other one, the OPAC works fine but I verified with "ldd
/usr/local/lib/dbd/libdbdpgsql.so" and the drivers for libdbi are not
installed !? Is it the presence of "some combination of environment
variables and other settings that makes it possible to work without" (Dan
Scott) or the "few drops" of LD_LIBRARY_PATH in a few places, like Dan Wells
said ?

-concerning this variable (LD_LIBRARY_PATH), I tried with the two instance
and it gives me an empty field : no value at all.

Pierre Nault