[OPEN-ILS-DEV] method "opac_visible"

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 16:45:37 EST 2007

On 06/11/2007, Pierre Nault <pierrenault at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>      I did "make clean", then I restarted  all the things with these
> commands:
> sudo -u opensrf osrf_ctl.sh -c /openils/conf/opensrf_core.xml -a stop_all
> sudo ldconfig
> sudo -u opensrf osrf_ctl.sh -c /openils/conf/opensrf_core.xml -a
> start_router
> sudo -u opensrf osrf_ctl.sh -c /openils/conf/opensrf_core.xml -a start_perl
> sudo -u opensrf osrf_ctl.sh -c /openils/conf/opensrf_core.xml -a start_c
>
> Note that I add "/openils/bin/" before osrf_ctl.sh otherwise all the
> commands won't work (even if I'm in the /openils/bin/ directory). For the
> command "sudo Idconfig" do I have to run this from the /openils/bin/
> directory ? Anyway I did.

Okay. For future reference you can run that from any location.

> I did "ldd /usr/local/lib/dbd/libdbdpgsql.so" to check the
> drivers and YES finally they are working properly.
>
> Even if I got the libdbi drivers to work and connect properly, I have the
> same message when I run "sudo -u opensrf ./autogen.sh
> /openils/conf/opensrf_core.xml":
> Updating fieldmapper
> Updating web_fieldmapper
> Updating OrgTree
> removing OrgTree from the cache...
> Updating OrgTree HTML
> Can't call method "opac_visible" on an undefined value at
> org_tree_html_options.pl line 28.
> Done
>
> Like John Fink said, the "opac_visible" problem can have multiples sources.
> I just eliminated one or two... Any other ideas ?
>
> One other thing, I have two instance of Evergreen : on this one the OPAC
> won't work. On the other one, the OPAC works fine but I verified with "ldd
> /usr/local/lib/dbd/libdbdpgsql.so" and the drivers for
> libdbi are not installed !?

That is quite interesting. I'll try and explore that sometime. Maybe
the responsible library loading infrastructure has matured in Ubuntu
since Mike first documented the required steps and we're holding on to
outdated beliefs. It would be great to know for sure.

> Is it the presence of "some combination of
> environment variables and other settings that makes it possible to work
> without" (Dan Scott) or the "few drops" of LD_LIBRARY_PATH in a few places,
> like Dan Wells said ?
>
> -concerning this variable (LD_LIBRARY_PATH), I tried with the two instance
> and it gives me an empty field : no value at all.

Can you try the following, just out of interest:

sudo su - opensrf
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/openils/lib:/usr/local/lib/dbd
export PATH=$PATH:/openils/bin
export PERL5LIB=/openils/lib/perl5:$PERL5LIB
osrf_ctl.sh -c /openils/conf/opensrf_core.xml -a stop_all
osrf_ctl.sh -c /openils/conf/opensrf_core.xml -a start_router
osrf_ctl.sh -c /openils/conf/opensrf_core.xml -a start_perl
osrf_ctl.sh -c /openils/conf/opensrf_core.xml -a start_c
cd /openils/bin
autogen.sh /openils/conf/opensrf_core.xml

That should rule out LD_LIBRARY_PATH, PATH, and PERL5LIB settings as
possible culprits. After that, we're probably back to looking at
opensrf_core.xml and opensrf.xml again :(

--
Dan Scott
Laurentian University