[OPEN-ILS-DEV] PATCH: utils.[ch] (const correctness)

Scott McKellar mck9 at swbell.net
Wed Nov 14 13:00:05 EST 2007

--- Mike Rylander <mrylander at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Nov 11, 2007 9:10 PM, Scott McKellar <mck9 at swbell.net> wrote:
> > These patches apply the const qualifier to several function
> > parameters.
> >
> > In two cases, they also replace an empty parameter list with
> "void".
>
> Scott, I've individually eyeballed all of your current outstanding
> patches, from "PATCH: osrf_app_session.[ch] (const-correctness)" on
> Oct 27 through this one, and I'm ready to go through and push them
> in.
>  But (there's always a but...) it would be tremendously helpful to me
> if you could diff your current modified working directory and send a
> single patch of the uncommitted modifications you've sent so far.
>
> I've tried to avoid asking for resubmission to this point because I
> know it can be a big pain (and we want to cause you the least amount
> of pain we can ;) ), but between several short traveling stints and a
> new production migration, the last few weeks have been too hectic to
> find the time to sit down an push your patches in, and I don't want
> them to slip any longer.  A single patch against the current trunk
> code would help me get your changes in right away.
>
> Is this feasible on your end?
>
> (FWIW, svn could help streamline you patch creation with the diff
> subcommand.)

I'd be happy to comply if I knew how to go about it.  I've just been
doing "diff -c" one file at a time because I don't know any better.
Let me describe my setup and maybe you can tell me what to do.

Every few days I download copies of the osrf and ils repositories and
expand them into trunk directory trees.  I haven't really looked at
woodchip, but if it contains any C I should grab that too.

I do my coding and compiling from one big messy directory, plus a
few subdirectories for headers.  This working directory includes
various forms of debris such as test drivers, experimental versions,
and old obsolete stuff.

When I set to work on a given module I copy it from my trunk tree
into my working directory, edit, compile, and test.  When I'm
satisfied with the results I copy the modified file into a trunk-mod
directory tree that parallels the trunk tree.

However my trunk-mod tree doesn't mirror everything.  It contains
only the files that I have modified, and the directories where they
reside.

Maybe what I need to do is turn my trunk-mod into a full-scale mirror
of the trunk tree, including (for example) perl and java files that
I'll never look at.  Then I could do some kind of diff on the entire
trees.  Is that what you had in mind?

Scott McKellar
http://home.swbell.net/mck9/ct/