[OPEN-ILS-DEV] PATCH: utils.[ch] (const correctness)

Scott McKellar mck9 at swbell.net
Thu Nov 15 00:02:29 EST 2007

--- Mike Rylander <mrylander at gmail.com> wrote:

<Long helpful explanation snipped>

Let me summarize my understanding of how to get you a cumulative
patch file and then you can tell me how close I am.

1. Do a "svn co ..." to check out the most current stuff from the
repository.  I do that every few days, except that in your example
you provided an extra parameter "OpenSRF" or "Evergreen", and what
that does is rename the trunk directory to OpenSRF or Evergreen.
The renaming is not important as long as I somehow keep the two
directory trees separate.  In practice I've been leaving them named
trunk, and I keep them separate by putting them in different
directories.

2. Copy my modified versions of the files on top of the versions in
the trunk tree, using an ordinary operating system operation like cp.
I could also edit and compile them in place, but I'll worry about
that later.

3. cd to my trunk directory and issue an update command:

   svn up

4. Also from within my trunk directory, do a diff:

   svn diff > latest.patch

The resulting patch will reflect all the updates since...what?
If I do multiple updates before doing a diff, does the patch reflect
all of those changes, or just the most recent update?

I presume that the patch would reflect all the updates since the
last checkout.

Suppose I make some changes to frobisher.c, and then do an svn diff
before I do an svn up.  Does the resulting patch reflect my changes
to frobisher.c, or does it exclude them because they haven't been
included in an update yet?

Thanks for contributing to my education.

Scott McKellar
http://home.swbell.net/mck9/ct/