[OPEN-ILS-DEV] problem logging in as admin

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 15:21:23 EDT 2007

On 01/10/2007, John Fink <john.fink at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Don,
>
> Just got it once, so no worries.
>
> Trying to run srfsh as myself yields the following error:
>
> jbfink at evergreen:/openils/bin$ ./srfsh
> Unable to bootstrap client for requests
>

> I see a reference to this back in March of 2007 but I'm not sure what it
> means.  Maybe OpenSRF isn't actually working correctly?  There're a hell of
> a lot of OpenSRF processes on the box though.
>
> jf

Hey John:

I can reproduce that error a number of ways :) If the OpenSRF services
aren't running, then it's easy to reproduce. But it sounds like that's
not your problem. So -- double-check the .srfsh.xml file in your home
directory to ensure that the domain that you've set is correct, as
well as your username / password.

As for the OpenSRF storage services, try "ps wax | grep cstore" to
ensure that the cstore service is running, and "ps wax | grep storage"
to see if the open-ils.storage service is running.

--
Dan Scott
Laurentian University