[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Client Issues

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 20:00:58 EDT 2007

On 04/10/2007, Grant Johnson <FGJohnson at upei.ca> wrote:
> Here's Environment specifics - I'm lazy too.......
>
> Ubuntu 7.04 workstation
> OpenSRF Release 0.9
> Fourth release candidate for Evergreen 1.2.0
> IP address only - no fqdn

This last thing is probably what is killing you.

You have to use the fqdn; the output of: "perl -MNet::Domain -e "print
Net::Domain::hostfqdn();" is what is going to be used by the startup
scripts to determine what set of applications listed in opensrf.xml
are going to be started up. You can see one of the relevant lines in
OpenSRF::Utils::Config.pm, line 285:

	my $host = $ENV{'OSRF_HOSTNAME'} || hostfqdn();

Okay, this suggests that you might be able to get away with setting an
environment variable to fake it out, but the instructions are pretty
explicit about the fqdn for a good reason. I'm pretty sure you won't
be able to get any further until you use the fqdn.

--
Dan Scott
Laurentian University