[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Make error installing EG

Bill Erickson erickson at esilibrary.com
Wed Oct 10 10:10:29 EDT 2007

On 10/8/07, Brandon W. Uhlman <brandon.uhlman at bclibrary.ca> wrote:

> Hey, all.
>
> I'm installing EG and OpenSRF from trunk, using Dan's Gentoo
> instructions. I beat my way through installing all the Perl
> dependencies, and it appears I've managed to build and install OpenSRF
> successfully, and build OpenILS successfully.
>
> But, when I try to install OpenILS, I get the following error if I run
> 'make verbose install':
>
> -------------- [ openils_db ] -------------------------------------------
>
> Installing...
> mkdir: cannot create directory `': No such file or directory
> A build error occured: Error creating
> make: *** [install] Error 99
>
> I took a look in install.sh, and I think it might be complaining about
> the fact that it can't find a directory called 'storage-bootstrap',
> which I can't find either. Makefiles are a bit of hocus-pocus for me
> though, so I could be off the ball completely, though.
>
> A search of the list and the wiki didn't turn up anything relevant either.
>
> Any suggestions?

This looks like an unset makefile variable, to me.  In other words, the
makefile is trying to create a directory whose name is stored in a makefile
variable and that variable is unset, so it's trying to create a directory
called "".  I would try running "make config" again to ensure all of the
variables have data.  When that's done, look at install.conf to check for
oddness.  Then run 'make verbose install' again.

Also, does the user who is running this command have permission to create
the necessary directories at install time?

Hope this helps,

-bill

--
Bill Erickson