[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Server loads (theoretically)

Bill Ott bott at grpl.org
Sat Oct 13 11:44:10 EDT 2007

Should Evergreen run more efficiently with more application servers, or
more processor power?

I've got several blade servers running a test cluster (much prettier
than my franken-cluster of months gone by).  I'm running one virtual
brick (VMware w/ one OSRF router/gateway & 3 application servers) along
with individual EG servers on other blades.  What I lack is enough test
traffic to make a dent in the processing power (dual quad-core Xeons
with 8GB RAM).

 From an architectural perspective, once I get some real world load,
should I see better performance running the OS natively and having more
raw horsepower, or having ump-teen application servers available?