[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Re:RE: Ejabberd and Ubuntu

Pierre Nault pierrenault at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 16:22:46 EDT 2007

Hello Dan,

   Still on this ejabberd thing. Let me clarify myself : the method perl
-MNet::Domain=hostfqdn -e "print hostfqdn();" returned the FQDN, that is
cobaye-TI.bib.uqam.ca (and the name resolve). When you say "change the line
to {hosts, ["localhost","your.domain.name.goes.here"]}. I interpret it like
this : {hosts, ["localhost","bib.uqam.ca"]}. Note that this is not the FQDN,
but the domain name that I enter. In that case, it worked: I register the
two new accounts like this:
"sudo ejabberdctl register evergreen bib.uqam.ca everPass" and it worked.
But after that I have problems when I start Open Ils (sudo -u opensrf
/openils/bin/osrf_ctl.sh -c /openils/conf/opensrf_core.xml -a start_all) :
it says : "OpenSRF Router already started :
!!!! Unable to connect router to jabber server cobaye-TI.bib.uqam.ca...
exitingOpenSRF Perl already started :
OpenSRF C (host=cobaye-TI.bib.uqam.ca) already started :" I restart it and
even,  still got problems with that ejabberd...

In the documentation, when configuring the ejabberd server, it said to
change the line like this : {hosts, ["localhost","eg-server"]}. Correct me,
but it is in contradiction whit what you are saying. If I use the FQDN for
the ejabberd server, I cannot register any accounts. If I use the
domain.name (like you said), I can register the new accounts...

Any ideas...

Pierre Nault

Message: 1