[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Re:RE: Ejabberd and Ubuntu

Dan Wells dbw2 at calvin.edu
Tue Oct 16 17:23:58 EDT 2007

Hello Pierre,

I'm sorry, I incorrectly assumed all my extra dots would mean something :)  When I say "your.domain.name.goes.here" I am really meaning "your.fully-qualified.domain.name.goes.here".  In your case, you should put the full hostname of "cobaye-TI.bib.uqam.ca" in the ejabberd.cfg file.  I would then run the following:

sudo /etc/init.d/ejabberd stop

sudo /etc/init.d/ejabberd start

sudo ejabberdctl register evergreen cobaye-TI.bib.uqam.ca everPass

sudo ejabberdctl register router cobaye-TI.bib.uqam.ca everPass

You will then want to do:

sudo -u opensrf /openils/bin/osrf_ctl.sh -c /openils/conf/opensrf_core.xml -a stop_all

get a cup of coffee while the mound of processes disappears, then:

sudo -u opensrf /openils/bin/osrf_ctl.sh -c /openils/conf/opensrf_core.xml -a start_all

If any of these commands still give errors, please let us know which ones and what it says.

Good luck,
DW

>>> "Pierre Nault" <pierrenault at gmail.com> 10/16/2007 4:22 PM >>>
Hello Dan,

   Still on this ejabberd thing. Let me clarify myself : the method perl
-MNet::Domain=hostfqdn -e "print hostfqdn();" returned the FQDN, that is
cobaye-TI.bib.uqam.ca (and the name resolve). When you say "change the line
to {hosts, ["localhost","your.domain.name.goes.here"]}. I interpret it like
this : {hosts, ["localhost","bib.uqam.ca"]}. Note that this is not the FQDN,
but the domain name that I enter. In that case, it worked: I register the
two new accounts like this:
"sudo ejabberdctl register evergreen bib.uqam.ca everPass" and it worked.
But after that I have problems when I start Open Ils (sudo -u opensrf
/openils/bin/osrf_ctl.sh -c /openils/conf/opensrf_core.xml -a start_all) :
it says : "OpenSRF Router already started :
!!!! Unable to connect router to jabber server cobaye-TI.bib.uqam.ca...
exitingOpenSRF Perl already started :
OpenSRF C (host=cobaye-TI.bib.uqam.ca) already started :" I restart it and
even,  still got problems with that ejabberd...

In the documentation, when configuring the ejabberd server, it said to
change the line like this : {hosts, ["localhost","eg-server"]}. Correct me,
but it is in contradiction whit what you are saying. If I use the FQDN for
the ejabberd server, I cannot register any accounts. If I use the
domain.name (like you said), I can register the new accounts...

Any ideas...

Pierre Nault