[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Re:RE: Ejabberd and Ubuntu

Pierre Nault pierrenault at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 14:27:34 EDT 2007

Hello Dan,

     Sorry for misunderstanding you, must be some conflicts between my
mother tongue (I'm a frenchy guy after all) and my literal English...
I re-tried what you wrote: verified that I got the FQDN in the
ejabberd.cfgfile, stop and restart the ejabberd server and still, it
doesn't work. I
cannot register any accounts: when I try I get this message:
"Can't register user "evergreen at cobaye-TI.bib.uqam.ca" at node '
ejabberd at cobaye-TI': not_allowed"

Is it the right name for the node? I put the sasl.log file of ejabberd (
http://www.bibliotheques.uqam.ca/flash_bugs/sasl.txt), and the ejabberd log
file (http://www.bibliotheques.uqam.ca/flash_bugs/ejabberd.txt) maybe that
could help you?

Also, when I start OpenILS (sudo -u opensrf /openils/bin/osrf_ctl.sh -c
/openils/conf/opensrf_core.xml -a start_all) I get this message:
"Starting OpenSRF Router
!!!! Unable to connect router to jabber server cobaye-TI.bib.uqam.ca...
exitingStarting OpenSRF Perl
Starting OpenSRF C (host=cobaye-TI.bib.uqam.ca)".
I can confirm (with netstat -l -n) that the jabber server is listening on
ports 5222, 5223 and 5269 on the local IP address 0 0.0.0.0.

Just to make sure that I use the FQDN, you can see that it resolve (
http://cobaye-ti.bib.uqam.ca/opac/en-US/skin/default/xml/index.xml)... I'm
not to far for completing the installation, must be a small detail...

Again, I solicit your help ;-)

Thanks a lot,

Pierre Nault

--
What do you call a cyclist who doesn't wear a helmet?  An organ
donor.  ~David Perry