[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Re:RE: Ejabberd and Ubuntu

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 12:51:51 EDT 2007

Hi Pierre:

I don't think your configuration file is at fault; I replaced the
ejabberd.cfg configuration file on my Gentoo machine with a copy of your
file, changed one setting (cobaye-ti to my own hostname), and started up
ejabberd successfully (going on to run Evergreen, etc, without any
noticeable differences).

Maybe it would be worthwhile uninstalling ejabberd and erlang, and
installing them again, then copying your configuration file into place and
registering the users? It seems that the problem you're experiencing is
entirely at the ejabberd / erlang level (which is sadly the obstacle that
ultimately caused me to give up on Ubuntu 6.10 back when I was writing the
install instructions for Ubuntu!).

Dan

--
Dan Scott